Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Too Much Time on My Hands

My monkey is in Cape Cod for the week. It's amazing how much time he eats up, in a good way. I did all the laundry, finished the latest issue of BUST, solved a Sudoku puzzle, started the second sleeve of a long-languishing sweater, and gave myself a pedicure between last night at 7 p.m. and this morning at eight.
What am I going to do with myself this week? There is a principles-of-yoga discussion group tonight at 7:30. I could clean the refrigerator. Make some casseroles to feed my family for the upcoming school year. Burn CDs from my old computer's iTunes library.
I will take advantage of the empty time and ponder my dream, my goal: to work entirely for myself. How can I make this happen? I will research online, leave no stone unturned. I will plant seeds.

No comments: