Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Big News

My ex-husband is getting married.
He had the decency to e-mail me and let me know. I'm truly happy for him; I really do like his fiancee. (I know you can't see my face. I'm not smirking.)
The timing is just a bit awkward. I broke up with my on-again, off-again boyfriend on Sunday. He said he's just not "the marrying type."
The most important question in my mind is, will he move to Brooklyn (where she lives) or will she move out here? If they are in Brooklyn, the childcare arrangement will be altered. If they are the next town over, I may run into them more often. It will be odd to have The Stepmother of My Son living two miles away.
But on the bright side (as a second ex-boyfriend pointed out) if they live nearby, I can drive by the house and see her mowing the lawn. The ex was never much for yardwork.

No comments: