Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Goodies in the Mail




On Ravelry I participate in a group of women named Kari.  Specific, I know.  It's turned out to be one of my favorite groups.  Sometimes these groups have a shelf life and you move on, but this one recently completed a dishcloth exchange.
"My" Kari lives in Ferndale, Michigan.  I knit her an entrelac dishcloth and enclosed a Burt's Bees wristlet sampler.  In a scandal for which the United States Postal Service ought to be ashamed, her package was opened and the Burt's Bees sampler missing.  I shake my head in disgust.
The story has a happy ending.  Kari crocheted a beautiful dishcloth for me in pale yellow and turquoise, and surprised me with a crocheted scrubbie and a HANDMADE nostepinne.  Stay tuned for Kari's new etsy shop, in which she will sell these incredibly gorgeous creations.  This one is made of tulipwood.
I am in the process of knitting a landscape scarf for Kari and it is thoroughly addictive!

No comments: